- 1 tbs. active dry yeast
- 3 1/2 cups bread flour
- 3 tbs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil + more for the pan & drizzle
- 2 cups warm (not hot) water
- 2 tsp. sea salt + more for sprinkling
- Fresh/dried herbs of your choice for toppings
- In a large bowl, whisk water and yeast together until combined.
- Let stand for five minutes or so until yeast starts to foam.
- Mix in 3 cups of bread flour. Stir with rubber spatula for 2 minutes or so. The dough will be wet. Pretend you're a KitchenAid stand mixer for a bit. Have fun.
- Add the other 1/2 cup of flour + salt and 3 tbs. olive oil. Mix for another 2 minutes. The dough should still be slack but come together and hold its shape nicely in the base of the bowl.
- Cover the bowl with a dinner plate and let rise for 1 - 2 hours until dough doubles in size.
- Oil a large sheet pan with a bit of olive oil.
- Uncover the dough and say "WOW!"
- Oil your hands so the dough doesn't stick and shape the dough into a flat bread or rolls on the baking sheet pan. It doesn't have to be perfect, this whole process should only take a minute.
- Press your knuckles into the dough to make dimples. Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle salt and your choice of herbs on top. Let stand to rise a bit more while the oven preheats.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. BAKE 22 - 28 minutes.
Keywords: bread, focaccia,