This is a delicious plant-based peanut sauce recipe (quite possibly my favorite variation yet) that can be used as a dressing, dip or drizzle on salads, roasted vegetables, in a wrap, on pasta, you name it. It makes everything it touches a bit more interesting.
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbs. tamari
- 3 tbs. rice vinegar
- 2 tbs. sesame oil
- 2 tbs. maple syrup
- 2 tsp. lime juice (1/2 a lime)
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional but tasty)
- 2-4 tbs. water (start with 2 tbs.)
- Throw all the ingredients in a blender and blend it up until smooth.
- Check consistency. Add 1-2 tbs. more water to thin it out if needed.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. We usually eat ours within a day or two because it's so good. Juuuuust a warning.
Keywords: vegan, dressing, sauce, peanut sauce